Dolly Varden Silver Corp. – A New Silver Company
Dolly Varden Silver (TSX.V:DV) is a Canadian based mineral exploration company focused on the development of the historic Dolly Varden Silver Mines property located in Northwestern, British Columbia, Canada. The property hosts four historical deposits in stratigraphy that is analogous to Barrick’s Eskay Creek Deposit. The Dolly Varden Silver properties comprise 9,400 hectares (94 km2 ) located in the Stewart Complex, which is host to both base and precious metal deposits. The Company is currently focused on the expansion of historical resource estimates with the goal to re-start production in the Dolly Varden camp, and to explore a major untested Eskay Creek type precious metal rich target located on the property.
A historic resource estimate completed on the properties in 1986 estimated 5.7 M ounces of silver (proven and probable) and 8.8 M oz of silver (possible)*. The objective of the company’s exporation work is to confirm and reclassify the historic resources as current mineral resources, and to expand the resource to a target of 40 to 50 million ounces of Silver. If successful the necessary economic and technical studies would be undertaken in order to determine if the deposit(s) could become a viable mining operation.
The Property can be accessed from Terrace, B.C. by a 224 km long, all-weather road to the mining town and port of Kitsault, which is located 2 km south of the village of Alice Arm. The village of Alice Arm can be reached from Kitsault by boat. Alternate access from Prince Rupert, B.C. can be accomplished via a privately contracted barge service or charter float plane service. From Alice Arm, the Property can be reached by a public highway comprised of 23 km of all-weather gravel surfaced road. In the 2011 exploration season, access beyond km 17 of the public highway was via helicopter.
Keys to Advancing Discovery
- Experienced management and technical team
- Stewart Complex – high-grade silver region
- British Columbia – mining friendly safe jurisdiction
- 100% control of Dolly Varden Mines property
- Historic mineral resources* forms the basis for exploration and resource expansion
- Potential for precious metal rich Eskay Creek type deposits
- Existing infrastructure – facilitates exploration and development
- Create value for shareholders in a rising precious metals market
With key assets in this prolific silver producing region Dolly Varden Silver is poised for exploration and discovery to create shareholder value.
The scientific and technical information on this web site has been reviewed by Ron F Nichols, P.Eng., a qualified person under NI 43-101, who is the Vice President of Exploration of Dolly Varden Silver Corporation.
* Estimated by Derry Michener Booth and Wahl in 1986. A qualified person has not done sufficient work to classify this historical estimate as current mineral reserves or mineral resources (as those terms are defined in NI 43-101) and the company is not treating this historical estimate as current mineral reserves or current mineral resources. The historic estimates termed proven and probable are supported by closely spaced surface and underground diamond and percussion drilling and underground sampling, and would correspond to measured and indicated resources respectively, under current CIM standards. Blocks classified as possible would correspond to inferred resources. In order to confirm these historic mineral reserves as current mineral resources, the Company will need to conduct a program of twinned diamond drilling, in-fill diamond drilling and selected sampling in accessible underground workings.